发烧论坛

注册

返回列表 12345678» / 17
发新话题 回复该主题

我的新唱放 - F – 117 Nighthawk (夜鷹) [复制链接]

1#
這部唱放非常細小, 大約是兩包香煙的大小(20mm高x 115mm寬 x 110mm深), 所以它很輕。但令人難以置信的是這麽細小体積, 欲具有非常的兼容功能, 它可以同時支援MM和MC的唱頭。

它提供不同的負載 - 有30,50,100,500,1K及47K ohms 的選擇, 在一般情況下對於任何唱頭都能應付得綽綽有餘。

它有6格從40dB到75dB的增益調整,就算是最低輸出 MC的唱頭也能輕鬆的處理。

它利用鋰離子電池推動,所以背景的噪音是我聽過最寧靜的, 真的是可以用靜如深海來形容, 因為它不會受到其它電器的污染或干擾。我曾把耳朵貼到揚聲器的單元附近和增益設定到75dB處,在最大音量時我也無法測到任何的嗡嗡聲 (hum) ,確實非常令人讚賞。這鋰電池據廠方說一次充電後可以播放 48小時,大約 6天而每天8小時,但我只能達到大約 40個小時左右,對我來說巳經非常足夠。

這唱放的聲音是非常通透和流暢,但沒有任何單薄的感覺,相當開放,自然和中立,帶小小的豐滿, 表現無疑令人鼓舞和滿意, 尤其是它還沒有完煲透的情況下。

它的音場非常深而寬闊,有針點的結象力,樂器間沒有一點的混淆。

哇!它的低音是其最好的部分,如此之深,速度如此的快和緊,動態强橫中有巨大的起落和冲擊力, 實在令我驚嘆這個小巧唱放的能力。

唯一讓我有小小的挑剔是在高頻的極端, 它比我其它的參考唱放在這階段有稍微的不及,但在任何標準下巳經是極之優異。

目前我正使用的是全鋁身的天龍 103R(50歐姆),Technics 205C(47K歐姆),Stilton Nagaoga  MP11(47K歐姆),以及 Entre EC - 1(100歐姆)作聆聽。在未來數星期, 我將測試更多的唱頭, 看看這唱放的潛力能夠去到那過地步。

我真的想不出任何其它唱放可與這價格$800美元的唱放匹敵, 無論是在音質, 價格和靈活性上。強烈推薦!

本主题由 版主 eric 于 2010/6/1 22:18:53 执行 设置精华/取消 操作
分享 转发
2#

不错不错。。。
CLK发烧信号线!
淘宝: http://shop35466467.taobao.com
3#

有内部照片不?学习一下
我的电话,微信:13866782399
淘宝店铺:https://shop35642446.taobao.com
4#

這些照片不是我拍的, 我還沒有將它打開過, 遲些有空再把它脫光拍數張近攝的裸照.

5#

请问MC部份的电压放大是用牛还是集成

谢谢!!!
6#

这个应该装不下牛了吧
微信订阅号:黑胶信使
电话:13602738942
QQ:619166050
微信:mong8942
7#

犀利!元器件都很电脑化。
8#

嘻嘻! 还要牛来做乜?
9#

恭喜!

吹毛求疵地说,某些低輸出MC唱头的最佳匹配阻抗还是有可能低于20欧姆的……
对于音响器材来说:绝对“理想的、忠实地还原”是没有的,也是做不到的;我们只是在朝着“音响器材各自应该具备的基本性能”方面尽量努力,使其各尽其责而已。目的就是尽可能地做到“理想的、忠实地还原”。
10#

贴片元件、固态电容、单运放,强!
11#

经过数星期的煲炼,似乎这F-117越来越好声, 咋天我听了F-117二个多小时, 唱头是Fidelity Research MC201(曾在两年前送到美國Sound Smith换了红宝石针杆和Line contact唱针) , 这唱头的输出比Ortofon MC3000 mk2(0.11mV)还要低, 以往听来总觉得有点力不从心而发挥不尽之感, 但F-117却令它脱胎换骨, 动态和低频的凌励, 比Ortofon MC3000有过之余而无不及(同在两年前寄去澳洲Garrett Brothers换上宝石针杆和Fritz Geiger Signature唱针, 在这之前亦曾经寄往荷兰Van Den Hul更换过唱针), 但没有MC3000的冷冰, 却有它的通透而带暖, 音色更平均和音乐感更好, 还有它的高频较幼滑, 简而言之, 这F-117令我感到发现新大陆似的无限喜悦和惊奇.

FR MC201唱头

12#

E-bay有吗? 还是要从厂家网站订购?
13#

没听过,没有发言权。

愿意尝试的烧友,赶紧上,俺好后面捡个宝。700-800美金有这样的表现,那些高价位的唱放该填海啦。哈哈
14#

原帖由 hopeman 于 2010-5-27 10:35:00 发表
E-bay有吗? 还是要从厂家网站订购?

网上搜索下,有家公司可以邮购的。
15#

原帖由 松香味 于 2010-5-14 2:02:00 发表
恭喜!

吹毛求疵地说,某些低輸出MC唱头的最佳匹配阻抗还是有可能低于20欧姆的……

松香兄,加入唱头和唱放不是一个品牌的,有时候MC唱头的阻抗完全对应唱放阻抗,未必是最佳设置。还是要看系统的综合表现。
最保险的方法就是唱头和唱放是一个厂家。
16#

As regular readers may know, most of my equipment reviews appear in Enjoy the Music.com's Superior Audio, and typically cover very ambitious components selling for very ambitious prices. What excites me so much about this review is that while the performance of the Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk easily warrants its placement here, the price tag is a happy shock. This forward-looking, beautifully built, full-featured and sonically superb phono preamp is selling direct for an introductory price of just $650 through April 30th! On May, the permanent price of $795 will apply.

For those unfamiliar with Ray Samuels Audio, Ray is a gifted designer in two areas. He has created some beautiful ?visually and sonically ?tube gear, including the B-52 preamp/headphone amp that I reviewed here, finding it a top-shelf performer. But his biggest claim to fame is a series of hot-selling shirt-pocket-sized portable headphone amplifiers, which seem to get physically smaller and better-sounding with each successive new model. (Editor's note, we have reviewed of those great little amplifiers and quite a few other award winning Ray Samuels gear including his Emmeline XR-10B MM/MC phonostage, Emmeline CA-2 line preamplifier and Emmeline XR-2 phono preamplifier and Emmeline SR-71 little headphone amplifier.) Ray's exceptional skills and years of experience in both of those product genres are obviously big factors in his ability to produce the F-117 Nighthawk. I have rarely encountered any designer/engineer with such a profound grasp of how to get superior sonics out of integrated circuits. For decades the most ambitious high-end component makers made a point of their fully discrete circuitry. ICs primarily offered a more economical approach to designing good-for-the-money but not state-of-the-art equipment. But in recent years, initially in the digital arena and now expanding into broader applications, those little chips have become far more sophisticated and sonically impressive ?and that development is dramatically illustrated with the F-117. (As with all Ray Samuels Audio products, reflecting Ray's years of working in the aerospace industry, the F-117 Nighthawk is named after a United States military aircraft.)

A lot is packed into this little package. The faceplate sports four rotary knobs for setting load resistance (30, 50, 100, 500, 1K, 47K Ohms) and gain (40 dB to 74 dB in six increments) independently for left and right channels, with a power-on toggle switch and LED in the center. On the rear panel are pairs of input and output RCA jacks, a grounding post and a charging jack. Conspicuously absent is an IEC jack ?not needed because the F-117 runs on a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery. It will play for @ 50 hours on a single charge, and recharges in less than two hours using the supplied charger. Ray designed the F-117 not to play while charging. That ensures that during use it is always fully isolated from incoming AC voltage. Until now, every battery-powered high-end preamp or amplifier I have seen costs considerably more than comparable conventionally powered components. Battery technology has advanced considerably in reducing size and increasing efficiency. Let's hope the F-117 is a harbinger of good things to come. Especially with a phono preamplifier, eliminating the conduit for RFI/EMF grunge riding on the electrical grid is highly desirable, especially for a listener like me, dwelling in the electrically noisy canyons of the Chicago Loop.

A look inside the F-117 reveals an elegantly clean layout. In such a small device signal paths are extremely short, always a good thing. Ray Samuels declines to identify the surface-mounted new ICs, and the part numbers are sanded off. I don't blame him ?they sound hellaciously good; why give potential competitors the benefit of his R&D? The F-117 may be ordered in any of six finish options as pictured below. The brushed aluminum faceplate, knobs and body are available in either black or "white" (aluminum tone), and may be mixed in any combination at no upcharge.

Setup
For this review the F-117 replaced the $4,500 flagship Ray Samuels Emmeline XR-10B, which has been my phono preamp for the past two years. Since the XR-10B is set up in my system with balanced output, I replaced my balanced JPS Labs interconnects and Bybee Golden Goddess XLR Bullets with JPS RCA cables and Bybee Golden Goddess RCA Bullets. I also did a bit of repositioning components and power cables on my racks to eliminate a small amount of hum. Even though its battery power isolates the F-117 from the grid, it ?like every phono stage I have heard in this location ?is still susceptible to airborne and proximity RFI/EMF noise. But everything was hum-free and shipshape for listening within a few minutes.

The F-117 shares with its costlier sibling XR-10B the very useful feature of front-panel load resistance adjustment. Many of the phono preamps I have used require moving jumpers or changing DIP switches, often also requiring taking the lid off the unit, to adjust this critical setting. My low-output Dynavector XV-1s cartridge is happiest at 100 ohms, but it was easy to click down to 50 or up to 500 ohms just to confirm that 100 was the best setting on the F-117, just as with the XR-10B. This instantaneous load switching can also serve as an on-demand tone control, useful to ameliorate frequency deficiencies in some LPs. Higher load settings bring up the high frequencies, and lower loads give greater emphasis to low frequencies. I played with the control enough to verify that such changes are instantly audible, but for my serious listening the setting remained at 100 ohms.

Listening To The F-117
I received the F-117 just as I was wrapping up my review of the VPI Aries 3 Rim Drive/Classic platter (also in this issue). With those listening impressions based on the XR-10B still fresh, it made sense to return to the same top-quality LPs: Reference Recordings' Nojima Plays Ravel; the Classic Records single-sided 45 RPM reissues of the Dorati Firebird on Mercury and Mingus Ah Um; Mobile Fidelity's Muddy Waters: Folk Singer and 45 RPM Patricia Barber Verse. And whaddya know? Every one of those great LPs sounded even better than they had through the XR-10B! The differences were mainly in the highs, which were more open abd extended, and to a lesser degree in slightly more solid deep bass. Background noise, already very low through the XR-10B, was now even quieter, especially noticeable on solo piano and jazz vocals ?which validated for me the benefits of battery over AC power. Dynamics, imaging and soundstaging were superb through both preamplifiers.

I have preferred the sound of the XR-10B over phono preamps costing double its $4,500 price, and have more than once trotted out the old "giant killer" clich?in describing it. So what does that make the F-117? The giant-killer killer? This might be distressing to me, were it not that Ray assured me that my XR-10B could be instantly upgraded by replacing its four ICs with those used in the F-117.

Upgrades
Fortunately for owners of the XR-10B or the Emmeline XR-2 ?an excellent single-ended phono preamplifier that I reviewed here a few years ago ?the Ray Samuels is offering DIY upgrade kits for both products. They are available for $110, which includes USPS shipping, to customers in the USA; foreign customers should contact the Ray Samuels Audio website for details on shipping cost. Ray is doing the upgrade on my personal XR-10B, in deference to my severely impaired eyesight. When it comes back I'll publish a comment on the sonic differences and the performance of the upgraded XR-10B compared to the F-117.

NOTE: The modular architecture that enables upgrades by swapping out old ICs for new in the XR-10B and XR-2 is NOT a feature of the F-117. To meet cost and size goals for the F-117 all components, including the new ICs, are permanently surface-mounted. That strikes me as a reasonable compromise, especially since the new chips deliver such outstanding sound quality at an outrageously low price.

All new XR-10B or XR-2 phono preamplifiers purchased from now on will incorporate the new ICs that make the F-117 such a great performer.

Final Comments
As stated in the header of this review, the Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk phono preamplifier is a game changer. As someone who has listened to a lot of phono stages, many of them quite expensive, I am simply dazzled by the remarkable sonic performance ?and even more so by the incredible price/performance value ?of this product. A tip of the cap seems inadequate; perhaps a deep Japanese-style bow would more appropriately convey my admiration for Ray Samuels' conceptual creativity and brilliantly achieved engineering ?and for his decision to offer this groundbreaking design at such a low price. I also appreciate that his modular designs and generous upgrade pricing make these sonic advances easy and affordable to customers who have bought his previous phono preamplifiers.

I think the natural competition for the F-117 is among phono stages selling for ten times its price ?or even more. If you are a vinyl enthusiast who demands a balanced phono stage, there is the XR-10B. If you are the kind of hobbyist who gets off on mine-is-bigger-than-yours fancy faceplates and non-audible bells & whistles, have fun and plan on spending a lot more money. Even as I anticipate the return of my upgraded XR-10B, I'm keeping the F-117 Nighthawk. This high-flying bird is just too cool to give back!

Breaking News: Return of the Upgraded XR-10B
Earlier in this review I described the generously priced upgrades available for the Ray Samuels XR-10B and XR-2 phono stages. At this writing I have now been listening to my newly upgraded XR-10B for about a week; it now has about 50 hours of playing time, so I probably have a small amount of additional improvement to come. What am I hearing? Pretty much all the characteristics described above with the F-117 -- except that the upgraded flagship stage seems to have a touch more low-frequency depth and impact than the new kid on the kid, and slightly greater soundstage width and depth. The operative word here is slightly.

T

The bottom line here is short and sweet. If you have either of the earlier Ray Samuels phono preamplifiers, get in touch with Ray Samuels and order the upgrade kit. To get this kind of major sonic improvement for $100 plus shipping is a no-brainer. My only complaint about doing the upgrade is that it has reduced my productivity this past week, as I keep thinking of another favorite LP I just have to hear again. I've had worse problems

Specifications
Type: Battery powered MM/MC phonostage
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to100 KHz
SNR: 78 dB
THD: < 0.03%
Output Impedance: 60 ohms
Active RIAA equalization
L & R rotary switches with 6 gain increments, 40db to 74db.
L & R rotary switches with 6 loads: 30, 50, 100, 500, 1K & 47K ohms.
Power: Rechargeable Lithium ion battery good for ~6 days of playback @ 8 hours per day
Dimensions: 4.4 x 4.25 x 0.8 (WxDxH in inches)
Weight: 0.8 lbs.
Price: Introductory $650 through April 30. $795 thereafter.
Warranty: 3 years unlimited on parts & labor; customer pays shipping, transferable.

Company Information
Ray Smuels Audio
8005 Keeler Ave.
Skokie, IL 60076

Voice: (847) 673-8739
E-mail: rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com
17#

呵呵,有哪有得卖?
18#

厂家的介绍和电邮,网站。需要唱放的同好,赶紧上一台,然后说说听感,大家分享下。直接和厂家联系下,有邮购服务的,可以PAYPAL付款。如果真有KCC兄评价的让FM简直无还手之力,干脆来个团购。
Company Information
Ray Smuels Audio
8005 Keeler Ave.
Skokie, IL 60076

Voice: (847) 673-8739
E-mail: rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com
最后编辑jacky70 最后编辑于 2010-05-27 12:12:51
19#

這部F-117唱放我是直接電郵厰家和用paypal購買的, 空郵的寄費是額外的65美元和paypal的4.2%收費 (合共是95.03美元加上機價).

至於大家是否枏信這唱放是否那麼好聲, 要你們自己判斷, 我只是以用家的身份給大家介詔和推薦一下, 就像我先前推介大家的Ortofon M20 FL Super 唱頭一樣.
20#

另外有一部英國的唱放Graham Slee Era Gold V /ESP在數年前曾两次榮登Stereophile龍虎榜A級, 它和FM122一樣, 給人夸譽得過了頭, 其實單是它的哼hum聲巳令我不能接受, 而且經常拾到其它電波訊息 (但在朋友家中欲很寧靜, 吹脹! ).
基本上Era Gold的音質很不錯, 卻萬萬不是那種能夠令人陶醉到可以聽過世的聲音 (真不知Stereophile的龍虎榜怎麽會两年把它列入A級), 但F-117由開機的一剎那巳經讓我有喜出望外,沒有買錯和不斷讚嘆的感覺, 我給它的評價很高, 但到底我不能保證每一個人都認可, 因為個人音色的喜愛不同, 而且器材的配搭也不一樣, 故此大家心內亦應作點保留, 我姑言之, 你們亦姑且聽之吧!
最后编辑KCC123 最后编辑于 2010-05-28 19:56:37
发新话题 回复该主题