网上搜索下,有家公司可以邮购的。
3#

原帖由 松香味 于 2010-5-14 2:02:00 发表
恭喜!

吹毛求疵地说,某些低輸出MC唱头的最佳匹配阻抗还是有可能低于20欧姆的……

松香兄,加入唱头和唱放不是一个品牌的,有时候MC唱头的阻抗完全对应唱放阻抗,未必是最佳设置。还是要看系统的综合表现。
最保险的方法就是唱头和唱放是一个厂家。
4#

As regular readers may know, most of my equipment reviews appear in Enjoy the Music.com's Superior Audio, and typically cover very ambitious components selling for very ambitious prices. What excites me so much about this review is that while the performance of the Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk easily warrants its placement here, the price tag is a happy shock. This forward-looking, beautifully built, full-featured and sonically superb phono preamp is selling direct for an introductory price of just $650 through April 30th! On May, the permanent price of $795 will apply.

For those unfamiliar with Ray Samuels Audio, Ray is a gifted designer in two areas. He has created some beautiful ?visually and sonically ?tube gear, including the B-52 preamp/headphone amp that I reviewed here, finding it a top-shelf performer. But his biggest claim to fame is a series of hot-selling shirt-pocket-sized portable headphone amplifiers, which seem to get physically smaller and better-sounding with each successive new model. (Editor's note, we have reviewed of those great little amplifiers and quite a few other award winning Ray Samuels gear including his Emmeline XR-10B MM/MC phonostage, Emmeline CA-2 line preamplifier and Emmeline XR-2 phono preamplifier and Emmeline SR-71 little headphone amplifier.) Ray's exceptional skills and years of experience in both of those product genres are obviously big factors in his ability to produce the F-117 Nighthawk. I have rarely encountered any designer/engineer with such a profound grasp of how to get superior sonics out of integrated circuits. For decades the most ambitious high-end component makers made a point of their fully discrete circuitry. ICs primarily offered a more economical approach to designing good-for-the-money but not state-of-the-art equipment. But in recent years, initially in the digital arena and now expanding into broader applications, those little chips have become far more sophisticated and sonically impressive ?and that development is dramatically illustrated with the F-117. (As with all Ray Samuels Audio products, reflecting Ray's years of working in the aerospace industry, the F-117 Nighthawk is named after a United States military aircraft.)

A lot is packed into this little package. The faceplate sports four rotary knobs for setting load resistance (30, 50, 100, 500, 1K, 47K Ohms) and gain (40 dB to 74 dB in six increments) independently for left and right channels, with a power-on toggle switch and LED in the center. On the rear panel are pairs of input and output RCA jacks, a grounding post and a charging jack. Conspicuously absent is an IEC jack ?not needed because the F-117 runs on a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery. It will play for @ 50 hours on a single charge, and recharges in less than two hours using the supplied charger. Ray designed the F-117 not to play while charging. That ensures that during use it is always fully isolated from incoming AC voltage. Until now, every battery-powered high-end preamp or amplifier I have seen costs considerably more than comparable conventionally powered components. Battery technology has advanced considerably in reducing size and increasing efficiency. Let's hope the F-117 is a harbinger of good things to come. Especially with a phono preamplifier, eliminating the conduit for RFI/EMF grunge riding on the electrical grid is highly desirable, especially for a listener like me, dwelling in the electrically noisy canyons of the Chicago Loop.

A look inside the F-117 reveals an elegantly clean layout. In such a small device signal paths are extremely short, always a good thing. Ray Samuels declines to identify the surface-mounted new ICs, and the part numbers are sanded off. I don't blame him ?they sound hellaciously good; why give potential competitors the benefit of his R&D? The F-117 may be ordered in any of six finish options as pictured below. The brushed aluminum faceplate, knobs and body are available in either black or "white" (aluminum tone), and may be mixed in any combination at no upcharge.

Setup
For this review the F-117 replaced the $4,500 flagship Ray Samuels Emmeline XR-10B, which has been my phono preamp for the past two years. Since the XR-10B is set up in my system with balanced output, I replaced my balanced JPS Labs interconnects and Bybee Golden Goddess XLR Bullets with JPS RCA cables and Bybee Golden Goddess RCA Bullets. I also did a bit of repositioning components and power cables on my racks to eliminate a small amount of hum. Even though its battery power isolates the F-117 from the grid, it ?like every phono stage I have heard in this location ?is still susceptible to airborne and proximity RFI/EMF noise. But everything was hum-free and shipshape for listening within a few minutes.

The F-117 shares with its costlier sibling XR-10B the very useful feature of front-panel load resistance adjustment. Many of the phono preamps I have used require moving jumpers or changing DIP switches, often also requiring taking the lid off the unit, to adjust this critical setting. My low-output Dynavector XV-1s cartridge is happiest at 100 ohms, but it was easy to click down to 50 or up to 500 ohms just to confirm that 100 was the best setting on the F-117, just as with the XR-10B. This instantaneous load switching can also serve as an on-demand tone control, useful to ameliorate frequency deficiencies in some LPs. Higher load settings bring up the high frequencies, and lower loads give greater emphasis to low frequencies. I played with the control enough to verify that such changes are instantly audible, but for my serious listening the setting remained at 100 ohms.

Listening To The F-117
I received the F-117 just as I was wrapping up my review of the VPI Aries 3 Rim Drive/Classic platter (also in this issue). With those listening impressions based on the XR-10B still fresh, it made sense to return to the same top-quality LPs: Reference Recordings' Nojima Plays Ravel; the Classic Records single-sided 45 RPM reissues of the Dorati Firebird on Mercury and Mingus Ah Um; Mobile Fidelity's Muddy Waters: Folk Singer and 45 RPM Patricia Barber Verse. And whaddya know? Every one of those great LPs sounded even better than they had through the XR-10B! The differences were mainly in the highs, which were more open abd extended, and to a lesser degree in slightly more solid deep bass. Background noise, already very low through the XR-10B, was now even quieter, especially noticeable on solo piano and jazz vocals ?which validated for me the benefits of battery over AC power. Dynamics, imaging and soundstaging were superb through both preamplifiers.

I have preferred the sound of the XR-10B over phono preamps costing double its $4,500 price, and have more than once trotted out the old "giant killer" clich?in describing it. So what does that make the F-117? The giant-killer killer? This might be distressing to me, were it not that Ray assured me that my XR-10B could be instantly upgraded by replacing its four ICs with those used in the F-117.

Upgrades
Fortunately for owners of the XR-10B or the Emmeline XR-2 ?an excellent single-ended phono preamplifier that I reviewed here a few years ago ?the Ray Samuels is offering DIY upgrade kits for both products. They are available for $110, which includes USPS shipping, to customers in the USA; foreign customers should contact the Ray Samuels Audio website for details on shipping cost. Ray is doing the upgrade on my personal XR-10B, in deference to my severely impaired eyesight. When it comes back I'll publish a comment on the sonic differences and the performance of the upgraded XR-10B compared to the F-117.

NOTE: The modular architecture that enables upgrades by swapping out old ICs for new in the XR-10B and XR-2 is NOT a feature of the F-117. To meet cost and size goals for the F-117 all components, including the new ICs, are permanently surface-mounted. That strikes me as a reasonable compromise, especially since the new chips deliver such outstanding sound quality at an outrageously low price.

All new XR-10B or XR-2 phono preamplifiers purchased from now on will incorporate the new ICs that make the F-117 such a great performer.

Final Comments
As stated in the header of this review, the Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk phono preamplifier is a game changer. As someone who has listened to a lot of phono stages, many of them quite expensive, I am simply dazzled by the remarkable sonic performance ?and even more so by the incredible price/performance value ?of this product. A tip of the cap seems inadequate; perhaps a deep Japanese-style bow would more appropriately convey my admiration for Ray Samuels' conceptual creativity and brilliantly achieved engineering ?and for his decision to offer this groundbreaking design at such a low price. I also appreciate that his modular designs and generous upgrade pricing make these sonic advances easy and affordable to customers who have bought his previous phono preamplifiers.

I think the natural competition for the F-117 is among phono stages selling for ten times its price ?or even more. If you are a vinyl enthusiast who demands a balanced phono stage, there is the XR-10B. If you are the kind of hobbyist who gets off on mine-is-bigger-than-yours fancy faceplates and non-audible bells & whistles, have fun and plan on spending a lot more money. Even as I anticipate the return of my upgraded XR-10B, I'm keeping the F-117 Nighthawk. This high-flying bird is just too cool to give back!

Breaking News: Return of the Upgraded XR-10B
Earlier in this review I described the generously priced upgrades available for the Ray Samuels XR-10B and XR-2 phono stages. At this writing I have now been listening to my newly upgraded XR-10B for about a week; it now has about 50 hours of playing time, so I probably have a small amount of additional improvement to come. What am I hearing? Pretty much all the characteristics described above with the F-117 -- except that the upgraded flagship stage seems to have a touch more low-frequency depth and impact than the new kid on the kid, and slightly greater soundstage width and depth. The operative word here is slightly.

T

The bottom line here is short and sweet. If you have either of the earlier Ray Samuels phono preamplifiers, get in touch with Ray Samuels and order the upgrade kit. To get this kind of major sonic improvement for $100 plus shipping is a no-brainer. My only complaint about doing the upgrade is that it has reduced my productivity this past week, as I keep thinking of another favorite LP I just have to hear again. I've had worse problems

Specifications
Type: Battery powered MM/MC phonostage
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to100 KHz
SNR: 78 dB
THD: < 0.03%
Output Impedance: 60 ohms
Active RIAA equalization
L & R rotary switches with 6 gain increments, 40db to 74db.
L & R rotary switches with 6 loads: 30, 50, 100, 500, 1K & 47K ohms.
Power: Rechargeable Lithium ion battery good for ~6 days of playback @ 8 hours per day
Dimensions: 4.4 x 4.25 x 0.8 (WxDxH in inches)
Weight: 0.8 lbs.
Price: Introductory $650 through April 30. $795 thereafter.
Warranty: 3 years unlimited on parts & labor; customer pays shipping, transferable.

Company Information
Ray Smuels Audio
8005 Keeler Ave.
Skokie, IL 60076

Voice: (847) 673-8739
E-mail: rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com
5#

厂家的介绍和电邮,网站。需要唱放的同好,赶紧上一台,然后说说听感,大家分享下。直接和厂家联系下,有邮购服务的,可以PAYPAL付款。如果真有KCC兄评价的让FM简直无还手之力,干脆来个团购。
Company Information
Ray Smuels Audio
8005 Keeler Ave.
Skokie, IL 60076

Voice: (847) 673-8739
E-mail: rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com
最后编辑jacky70 最后编辑于 2010-05-27 12:12:51
6#

不知道那位电子专业人士看看内部,是不是类似数码功放的设计?
7#

做工的确非常好,外形也专业。
8#

原帖由 松香味 于 2010-5-30 19:50:00 发表
原帖由 jacky70 于 2010-5-27 11:44:00 发表
[quote] 原帖由 松香味 于 2010-5-14 2:02:00 发表
恭喜!

吹毛求疵地说,某些低輸出MC唱头的最佳匹配阻抗还是有可能低于20欧姆的……

松香兄,加入唱头和唱放不是一个品牌的,有时候MC唱头的阻抗完全对应唱放阻抗,未必是最佳设置。

在器材技术参数尽量匹配的前提下,通过搭配达到个人要求的风格走向也是一种方法。正如你的听音环境不可能同原始录音条件的空间一样。如果简单的技术参数就能解决所有问题的话,我看器材设计中的通过技术规格调音的手段就不存在了。
关于唱头阻抗和唱放阻抗匹配的问题:有时候阻抗完全对应,未必是最佳设置这样的观点,也是德国唱放耳放知名品牌LEHMANN AUDIO,在关于我的阻抗设置的咨询中,厂家技术人员给予我的回复。
唱头和唱放阻抗匹配的问题不能一概而论,还是要结合实际。毕竟不同品牌的唱头和唱放的设计参数和理念本身就不同。
如果简单的技术参数匹配就能解决问题,烧友也不用在功放和喇叭的搭配方面话这么多的功夫啦。只要阻抗,功率匹配,不就可以万事大吉了吗?我们玩器材,还是要灵活,不要死背教条。当然各有个的玩法,轻易的否认是不成熟的。
168论坛没有什么权威,只有探讨,交流,进步。
9#

原帖由 阿杰 于 2010-5-30 21:42:00 发表
还是松香味觉悟高。
在唱头和唱放之间,使用不同的输入阻抗,确实能够改变各频段的量感,所以成为了许多人的调声手段。
虽然这明显是以错误来掩盖错误,但很多人却不明其理,或者是乐于此中。
在音响中这些例子大有其在,你还是不要把他太当一回事。
在放大电路中,负反馈的使用就是一个例子,他利用输出信号的反相抑制,来弥补放大器自身的缺陷,这就是典型的以错误来掩盖错误。
如果不使用负反馈电路,你有这个能

你总喜欢自己自己否定自己。提出的论点,自己告诉自己,不可行,无解。
一方面说靠唱放本身的大增益,解决不了噪音和失真的问题,一方面否定升压牛的作用。
一方面说负反馈是错误掩盖错误,一方面说负反馈电路要使用。
不知所言。晕
10#

以K兄的实际试听和比较,要上唱放的朋友的确是一个很好的选择。
11#

704兄,因为你下一步可能要升级唱头,建议你预留你心意中的唱头的阻抗设置。

K兄的建议很好,一般1K很少使用,可以考虑换成其他阻抗。
12#

换个口味,试试高度风的MC吧。
13#

关于摩唱放,提点个人看法。

如果要摩机,最好用原设计的参数,更换更好品牌或者更适合你风格的同参数原件,这样比较稳妥。如果动参数,经常是顾此失彼,很难总体表现良好。当然,摩机本身就是乐趣,还是各取所需。

剑桥640P曾经我是用家,感觉这款唱放还是比较超值的,当然这个价位上的唱放,要求高增益又有好表现是比较困难的。
14#

原帖由 wub 于 2010-6-7 22:21:00 发表
还有jacky70 兄的指教,多谢!
另外,我还没死心,按照威马兄的提醒换ic,是否opa2604适合。
请诸位指点,感谢!

WUB兄,大家都是喜欢玩,谈不上指教,交流而已,存在谬误也不一定。
玩机就是要玩好,玩尽,这就是乐趣吧。
15#

原帖由 704lwh 于 2010-6-8 21:12:00 发表
原帖由 jacky70 于 2010-6-7 11:41:00 发表
换个口味,试试高度风的MC吧。

借kcc宝地问jacky兄,3000元下全新高度风有乜推荐(mc)?

找找老款的MC25EL,FL都是不错的,后来也推出了RANDO三款,分别是原来的30,20,10.上RED, BLUE都可以,不过输出不高,大概300-500UV的样子。或者上KCC兄的DENON103R,甚至103的纪念版,都是可以尝试的。这些经典款不至于偏离方向太远。
5000以上的唱头就不是玩性价比了,后续的唱放和整个系统都要跟上。
16#

640P是款不错的唱放,还带低频滤除。不过这个价位不要有太高的期待,毕竟一份价钱一分货。个人觉得该款唱放的音场开扬度上还有缺憾。还有MC的增益上也有局限,如果手头上有升压牛,不妨接上去,用MM部分。如果能够找到KLANGFILM T52这款德国古董升压牛,动态上会有好的表现。ORTOFON的升压牛老款20,或者新款10就HIFI些,这些都是2000上下的价位。都是玩,试试看吧。
17#

打的剑桥640P片甲不留不是一个很困难的事情,毕竟1000左右的价位算是入门唱放。
18#

玩HIFI,本来就是个很自我的事情。多个选择,多个玩法,多个乐趣。KCC兄,愿意把自己把玩过的器材介绍给大家,是件很美丽的事情。
19#

恭喜又发现了一款好唱放,黑胶迷的福音。
发新话题 回复该主题