发烧论坛

注册

发新话题 回复该主题

欧博reference9.9C 300B单端 [复制链接]

1#
众所周知,欧博的9.9后级功放是用845的,但我这套的的确确用300B,网上查了资料才发现欧博的reference9.9有4种不同型号,用不同的管子,分别是用845管子的9.9A,用211管子的9.9B,用300B管子的9.9C,用2A3管子的9.9D,这里面用845的9.9A不是最贵的,卖5500美元,用300B的9.9C卖5900美元。

最后编辑163ljy 最后编辑于 2012-03-12 16:27:37
分享 转发
2#

Listening to the Reference 9.9C Along with the 9.9A, Opera also sent along a pair of their 9.9C amplifiers, which sell for $5900. The decision was made to measure and review the 9.9A, but the 9.9C was more than deserving of passing mention. In many ways the 9.9C is similar to the 9.9A -- from the front the two look identical. On the rear are three binding posts instead of four-- a negative and two positives -- one each for 4- and 8-ohm speakers. The biggest difference (structurally) between the two amps is the tube complement. The 9.9C uses a single Chinese 300B tube in each amp for a claimed 10-watt output.
Of course, two different tubes make for two very different-sounding amplifiers. If the 9.9A using the 845 output tube is vanilla, then the 9.9C with its richer-sounding 300B would have to be French vanilla. The two amplifiers share much in common sonically, like the pure and grain-free treble and the uncommonly transparent and unfailingly musical midrange. What separates the two amplifiers is the 9.9C’s warmer overall character, its deeper bass, and its even higher degree of focus.
The 9.9C’s bass is a completely different animal as compared to that of the 9.9A. Where the latter is clean and tight, if a little truncated in extension, the 9.9C's bass goes deeper with more subjective power. While the bass is more powerful, it is also a bit more ripe. It gives up some of its sibling’s precision in exchange for a bit more embellishment. On some pop music, such as James Taylor’s Hourglass, the bass could be a little overdone, a little uncontrolled, and a little bit obscuring of harmonic detail. On well-recorded classical discs, such as Sony’s Rostropvich Return to Russia [Sony SK 45836], the added adornment sounded magnificent.
I could imagine that the 9.9A’s complete honesty through the upper bass and lower midrange could leave some intrinsically stark speakers sounding lean and threadbare. If this is the case, the 9.9C offers a gentle warming that even with my speakers was not what anybody could term disagreeable. OK, it was rich and endearing, and it never seemed to get in the way of musical integrity.
The other difference between the two amplifiers was a subtle one but one hard to turn away from once I heard it. One day a friend of mine brought over a CD of Japanese drum music. With its more prolonged periods of deep silence between notes I noticed that the 300B variant was a little quieter than its 845-based sibling. I’m not talking about hum or any other artifact, but a very subtle electronic mist that overlaid the 845 amp’s presentation. This happened very early in the review period, and I was never again made aware of its presence. But I suppose it is due to its absence that the 9.9C had a higher degree of focus than the 9.9A. While the 9.9A did an excellent job with soundstaging, the 9.9C did a spectacular job -- the best I’ve ever experienced. Voices were highly focused and seemed to emanate from a very highly defined point in space. Instrumental outlines were incredibly delineated.
The 9.9C is a wonderful amplifier that varies from its very capable 845-based cousin in some sonically meaningful ways. But with roughly one-third the power, it does have its down side. On one hand it would seem that I’ve failed to discover the proverbial free lunch, but on the other, what I have discovered is some exceedingly delicious fare at a very fair price -- no matter which Opera amp you choose.
...John Potis

最后编辑163ljy 最后编辑于 2012-03-12 16:28:12
3#

所以我有一种想法,ABCD一样来一套就可以把4种管子的味道尝遍了,只是BD不好找啊
4#

是这个道理!
2014开始 和巴鲁一起 让我们听好点
5#

这是300B并联单端吗
闲时行摄,忙时听音
6#

300b单端,另一个管子是整流